Monday, November 01, 2010

Trick or Treating

Since mom's neighborhood didn't have an organized trick or treating time this year, we stayed in here and trick or treated with some friends. They were such a cute little bunch! We made a quick trip around a neighborhood street and brought in more than enough candy. LeeLee was a hoot when we went to one house and the man put money in her basket. She screamed, "I got MONEY, yes, yes, yes!" Then she turned and skipped down his driveway. He followed her out because he thought she was so adorable. Noelle is taunting me here with my favorite candy! After I saw all the Reece's Peanut Butter cups, I collected what I called a duty tax from each of them. As I ate them I thought about how there are sweet little blessings to having four kids. Hunter really enjoyed his role of the wolf this year. He had a really good growl down. I think he was a bit disappointed that the little girls weren't more scared of him. It was cute seeing a big bad wolf help his little piggy sister. Oh how I wish I knew what was going through Hope's head. This is the second time she has put on this outfit. It is the second time her basket was filled with candy. Paul and I figure that she will ask to dress up again in this pig costume because she will assume that if you dress up, people will give you candy. She had fun going door to door, but the leg strength really held her back. She couldn't keep up. We had our jogging stroller, so we got to the point that we just rolled her right up to people's front doors. She didn't miss out at all. I am currently hiding her basket. She no longer wants to eat meals because she just wants candy. Looks like she is my daughter after all!

2 comments:

Rebekah said...

Your children's costumes were adorable! I loved your idea of the big bad wolf and the three little pigs. Perfect!!!
So glad Hope had such a wonderful time. Our son, Robert, participated in his first Halloween last night and he kept saying over and over, "I like trick-or-treating!"

Christy and Kevin said...

Adorable pics! Keaton was too young to understand Halloween this year, but he did figure out when Mom & Dad were eating candy after giving him a taste! He now recognizes the wrappers and knows where we are keeping the candy. He grabs your finger to go to the treat bowl. The candy will be ALL GONE to him very soon! At least he already loves to brush his 6 little teeth!