Thursday, December 30, 2010

Gift Time

In our house we carry on the tradition of only having three gifts. Jesus got three gifts, so we get three. It keeps Christmas simple and helps to keep the focus on Jesus and not a bunch of stuff under the tree. I also have a very small limit on what I will spend on those three gifts so I have to get creative sometimes to make things special. Hunter was so excited to see his walkie talkies. He has always loved walkie talkies, but these are the real thing. He can use these when he ventures out fishing, or to call me to let me know he has encountered a poisonous snake. We were able to pick these things up for a steal, and they made a huge hit. As you can see Hope had already gotten into the makeup kit Santa left her. I kept saying "Oh Hope, you are so pretty...I love your makeup, but no more okay?" She would say "okay momma" then next time I saw her she looked a little more clown like. She was excited to open this doll. It is Molly the American girl doll. I put out a plea on facebook to my high school and college students that may have AG dolls they no longer played with, and we were blessed! The funny thing about Molly is that I had her for awhile, but the week before Christmas, Hope brought me the AG catalog and said, "Momma, NaNa (what she calls herself) want this one," as she pointed to Molly. She loves Molly.
I got lots of super hugs from LeeLee when she opened up her doll. She got Marisol. She was a doll of the year for AG. For LeeLee it was love at first sight! She loves this doll! Noelle's favorite gift deserves it's own post, as it actually the most special gift of all~a gift from God himself.

No comments: