Thursday, December 30, 2010

Santa Makes His Visit

I am humbled each year by my kids.....Christmas is a time where I get to observe them, and see that the way we are raising them pays off. They each wrote letters to Santa this year, and for the most part the things they were asking for were sensible and cheap, except of course for the boat that Hunter asked for. While they were all really excited about Christmas morning, I worried somewhat about the fact they may be disappointed. As I scanned the items Santa had left, I knew that what they had asked for wasn't what was left. But I also had hope in the fact that my kids would be grateful anyway. They didn't disappoint! It is the simple things in life that make them the happiest. Hunter woke up at 3 a.m. and snuck downstairs to see what he had. I heard him because I was already awake, so I told him to go back to bed and that I didn't want to see him again until 6:30. Once we got all were up he headed straight to his stuff. This hat is his favorite. He calls it the hat with the puppy dog ears. It is perfect for our little outdoors man. Noelle was thrilled with her hat and umbrella. Somehow Santa must have known that she loves yorkies. If you were wondering why I was already awake at 3 a.m., well it is because LeeLee woke up at 2:30 a.m. I heard her on the stairs and called her into my room. Once she was in my room, she told me Santa had already come. I asked her what he had brought her, and she told me....that little stinker! Her favorite item was mittens. Hope has been so excited just because she could feel the energy from the other kids. She would say "It's Jesus Birthday" and "Santa is coming" When I would question her more, she really had no clue what was happening. However, on Christmas morning when all the kids ran into the den together, she ran straight to her pile. She was so excited to see this Barbie Karaoke machine. Hope saw this at K-mart about a month ago and played with it. She picks up songs very quickly and loved the Barbie girl song. I of course went back to look for it, and it was gone. I was so sad, so I was super excited along with her to see that Santa brought her the perfect gift. Santa even remembered all the furry critters of the house. Lulu was super excited to see these rawhide treats.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

And this is why your children are my favorite children. Love you all and can't wait to come visit when school starts back!

Love-A