Friday, December 17, 2010

Happy Birthday to Me!

What a blessing my birthday was! I was woken up by the kids one by one bringing me special gifts. I got chocolate and lots of it (somebody must really love me), which is always my favorite thing. We then ventured out to Chick-fil-a for breakfast...another favorite. Then my mom came for dinner and brought my cake. It is the same cake I have gotten since I was a small child. It is still my favorite cake too! As the day came to an end, I was able to really reflect on life. I am so thankful for the life that God has chosen to give me. I am thankful for my amazing husband who truly is my hero. I am thankful that even though adoption was on my heart from the beginning of our relationship that God gave Paul the desire for biological children. I can't imagine if I had missed out on Noelle and Hunter. I am thankful that my heart never wained from it's desire to adopt. I am so blessed to be Hope and LeeLee's mom. For the first time, I feel like our family is complete. I won't say it definitively, because I don't know what God has in store for us. However, I am relishing in the feeling that my entire family is under one roof. Before, I always felt like someone was missing. Thank you God for another year. I am looking forward to seeing what you have for me.

No comments: