Friday, December 17, 2010

Noelle turns 10!

She is halfway to 20, and this is a problem for me!! Noelle wasn't to excited to be going to school on her birthday. She ended up having a good day because they had a pep rally at school and Aubie came. Since it was her birthday, he signed her hand. However, trust me that this is a very forced smile in this picture because she was worried that I didn't have a present for her. She had asked for the American Girl Doll, Nellie. Nellie is retired, so her prices have skyrocketed on ebay, and I wasn't willing to pay more for her than she originally cost. Noelle had been watching ebay too, so she knew they were way to expensive. What she didn't know was that one day while she was at school someone had listed one with a buy it now feature for 1/3 of what they were selling for. So everyday after school she would continue to look for a Nellie. About two days before her birthday she realized that Nellie wasn't going to happen, so she picked out a current doll in the catalog and decided to settle for that. I told her I would do my best, but that if probably wouldn't be there by her birthday (which wasn't a lie since I never ordered it.)I had hidden the presents in the car, so when we went to dinner, Paul snuck back to the car and snagged them. She was so excited, and we got a genuine smile when she saw Nellie. We will have her party after the Holidays. Happy Birthday Sweet Noelle!!! You are such a delight!!!

No comments: