Wednesday, January 26, 2011

War Eagle....Again!

If my husband ever doubts my love for him, then he just has to think back to the night of January 10, 2011. Paul wanted to go to the National Championship Game in Glendale, Arizona so bad. With faith that Auburn would be in the game he booked his airline tickets in November. He figured it would pay off because tickets were cheap in October. Then our dreams came true, Auburn was in. Then came the nightmare of trying to find tickets. We watched craigslist, ebay, etc., only to watch pairs of tickets sell for $10,000.00. We read story after story in our local newspaper about people who had been promised tickets, and the tickets just weren't coming through. Then we watched as stub hub pulled all ticket sales because they realized they could not possibly fulfill the orders. So, the hope of getting tickets seemed kind of bleak. Then I was blessed to be able surprise my husband with these tickets. Not only were they tickets into the game, but they were in a luxury suite with pregame party passes included. He was so excited. I was excited for him, and bummed at the same time knowing that I couldn't go to the game because both of us could not leave sweet Hope yet for that long. So, Paul and his friend Bryan got to watch our beloved Tigers WIN the National Championship Game. I am so proud of Auburn, and the glory that our coach and best player gave to God immediately following the game. Makes me so proud to be an Auburn Tiger! I am so excited that the season is over so I can finally get rid of Paul's shirt. He has worn it all season, and it is my least favorite of all his Auburn shirts. It isn't orange, and that drives me crazy!

No comments: