Saturday, April 09, 2011

Lemon Aid

Yes, I know I spelled lemonade wrong. It was on purpose because it truly is Lemon Aid. I have a heart for China. One that I can't shake. In fact I often think I left my heart in China in 2006, and that it remains there. I have always had a dream of going back and running a camp for kids that are left behind. I have prayed that the Lord would just take me back there. I found that my vision for a camp in China is already being done by an amazing organization, www.bringmehope.org So, I prayed about it and decided that I had to go. Paul and I talked at length about the possibility of Noelle going with me, and we both agreed that if she felt like the Lord was leading her, then she could go too. What is interesting is that Noelle has always said she didn't want to go to China, but as soon as she learned the details of this trip all the fears left her immediately. We asked her to pray about it for a few days, then she came to us, and said that yes, she felt like she should go. She knew it would be no small task to come up with the $2300 it would take to go, but she tackled it head on. She wrote letters for support, gathered things to sell on ebay, and baked tons of sweet treats for her lemon aid stand. She recruited her friends to help, and they all had fun telling people about the trip. The Lord blessed us with plenty of friends who have a heart for the orphans of China, and plenty of strangers who opened up their pockets to her during her lemon aid stand. She raised $170. She plans to have one more lemon aid stand before we travel to pay for her visa. That is the only money she still lacks. I am proud of her willingness to work so hard for this. I know the heart that God has blessed her with, and I know the burden that she also carries for the children still in China. She is such an amazing big sister, and already has plans to adopt herself one day. A special thanks to the M family and Noelle's best friend, CC, for all you all did to help with the stand, what a blessing you all are!

No comments: