Friday, June 03, 2011

Sand Dollar Island


We have a little tucked away place at the beach that we like to call Sand Dollar Island.  We walk out into the water and find the seaweed patches that collect the dead sand dollars.  We got over 70 in this trip.  The kids were all so excited.  Hope became very good at finding them, and had so much fun.  At first, she was so discouraged, but by the end, I think she may have found the most.  We saw lots of live sand dollars too, so I was able to give the kids some great lessons on what live sand dollars look like so they would be able to tell the difference.  It was cute because they would pick one up and yell, "Oh yeah, it is dead, I can keep it!" or "Oh no, it's alive, everyone back up and don't step on it!"

No comments: