To get a break from the heat, we headed to one of my favorite places, the silk factory. Noelle learned all about silk worms and got to see just how much thread comes out of one worm. They even let us stretch the silk from the double cocoon to help make a comforter.
We didn't have much of a break from the heat, we ended up at Tienanmen Square. I learned many more stories about this area that I didn't know. Noelle and I couldn't help ourselves, we had to take a traditional Chinese picture here with our peace symbols (for the reference of people who don't know much about this culture, it is actually a V for victory.)
After the square, we charged through the Forbidden City at lightening speed. We were all dripping in sweat, and Noelle at one point even got out her umbrella so she could get some relief from the sun. Angela and I were laughing because the day before, we were all making fun of the people with umbrellas. Because we literally sprinted through the Forbidden City, we had a little extra time so we decided to hit my favorite shopping district in Beijing.
We finished up our touring with the Chinese Acrobat Team. They were amazing. After the show, we headed to a Peking Duck Dinner. It was delicious!!
I am so thankful to Angela for all she has done for us the last few days. She has been invaluable to us!! Tomorrow we head out for Xi'an. I don't know what our internet connection will be like there, so this may be my last update until I return home.We are so tired now, and getting ready to turn in for our early morning wake up call.
Please pray for our travel tomorrow. Pray for our whole team, that they all arrive in Xi'an safely.
3 comments:
You guys must be sweltering in that heat! So glad you're continuing to have fun. When I was in Xi'an, the internet connection was great, so I hope you don't have trouble! Enjoying all your blog updates.
Glad to see you are having so much fun. I'm praying for you guys, for safety, for the kids, and the camp. I'm also praying you can update us along the way. :)
Stay safe my friend!
I've been following your blog for awhile. I "know" you from the rQ boards. I'm wishing4199, and was blessed to complete our first adoption, although sixth child in march. I was able to meet Courtney briefly on the island in Jenny's place. Anyway,we share the same beliefs and I've just realized that I believe you are on the same missions trip that a precious, sweet newlywed couple from my church is on. If you meet Josh and Micah, please tell them Joy says hi, and I'm praying for you all. It is such a small world ;)
Post a Comment