Sunday, July 17, 2011

Safe in Xi'an

We headed out of Beijing early this morning.  The good-byes with Angela were very hard.  I think we all even teared up a little!! We had a great flight to Xi'an.  We were picked up by John, and he helped us get to our camp.  It is great here, the perfect set up for camp. We met lots of staffers, and some volunteers, it really is an instant family.  All the translators arrived today, so we were able to eat dinner with them.  They barely ate, which we thought was funny, since we were eating the unrecognizable food and they weren't.  They finally confessed that they were really nervous.  I am so excited for each one of them, and the possibilities that this camp brings.

The campers arrive tomorrow!! I can't wait.  I think I got a glimpse of who our campers are, and I can tell you I am excited!

Please pray for safe travel for our campers tomorrow.  Pray for the nervousness to fade quickly for these young translators.  Pray that we will all be the hands and feet that he needs us to be this week.
(Joy, yes, Josh and Micah are here, they arrived safely by train this afternoon, I will send them your regards in the morning)

2 comments:

Michael & Joy said...

Yay! I'm so excited to follow you and them. They aren't blogging though :( Still amazing young couple. Only married maybe 2 months?
Praying for you all as you start the week with the campers!

KBam said...

What an awesome experience. Praying for all of you, especially Zhu Zhu. She is a beauty!