It stormed all night, then on into the morning. We were all soaked from head to toe. We didn't let the rain stop our fun though. We did crafts early this morning and worked on memory books for the kids. Then we played games. After lunch we headed out on the public transportation to find McDonald's. You will see from the picture above that the bus was quite crowded. We introduced the girls to french fries, which they both loved.
We did freeze dancing, and Diana really got into that. She was hilarious. She showed us that she really does have some mad dancing skills. She is so unbelievably smart. She can write the English letters. She can carry on a very clear conversation, and is so amazingly full of personality. She was designed specifically to make others smile, I just know it.
It is hard to believe that Diana and Noelle are only one year apart in age.
All week at the end of the night, Zhu Zhu and Noelle will read together. Zhu Zhu will read in Chinese, then Noelle in English. Zhu Zhu can read just as well as Noelle in English, but she still wants Noelle to do it so she can learn more. It is so sweet to put these precious angels to bed. I am sad that tonight was my last night to tuck them in, and to sweetly say Wo Ai Ni, and good night.
Noelle and I have to take a little trek back to our room. On our way tonight, we stumbled upon this little creature. I assume it is a porcupine, but I am really not sure. I'm just glad we didn't step on it.
Please just still be in fervent prayer for this camp. We have sick kids now, two of them. Micah, one of the volunteers is doing better. Carol still has a swollen ankle from falling off a narrow foot bridge, and today, Shiloh, one of our Chinese volunteers slipped on the wet stone and fell and sliced open her hand. She now has stitches. I have some important unspoken requests, so just please be praying for this camp.
No comments:
Post a Comment