But if a woman has long hair, it is a glory to her: for her hair is given to her for a covering. 1 Corinthians 11:15
Oh how I laugh when I read that verse. Long hair for me is a curse. It is hot, it is heavy, it is tangled, and it is a ton of trouble. Not only do I have long hair, but when the Lord counts the number of hairs on my head, he has to count higher than he does for most people. It is so thick. So, long and thick hair in the amazing summer heat! My husband loves it, I on the other hand hate it. When I made the decision to go to China this summer, I committed to continuing the let it grow until we returned. I knew that in China, it would be easiest to wash it and pull it up since I wouldn't have access to a hair dryer. But while in China, I couldn't wait for the day to cut it all off. So, today was the day. I headed out with my "glorious" hair, a plastic baggy, a measuring tape, and some pony tail holders. As soon as my hairstylist cut off my pony tail, the weight was finally lifted. Now, my hair will truly become a blessing for someone else who needs it.
4 comments:
Girl I LOVE the new hair! It really does look great on you!!
Oh, I LOVE your new haircut, Jenna! I don't really do long hair either, but for the opposite reason. It ends up looking straggly on me and doesn't grow that well or that thick. So I stick with shorter hair. I really like your cut!
jenna it looks great! you look beautiful my dear
Oh I LOVE the new do! Mine is thick too and it is way to hot in the South for long thick hair! Enjoy the "lighter" you!
Tricia
Post a Comment