Friday, July 29, 2011

Envy!

Envy isn't something I am very familiar with.  I have generally been a content person.  I don't really want much stuff. I have always been content with who God made me to be, not ever really wanting to be someone else, or even feeling like I needed to try and fit in. So, envy seldom creeps its way into my life. So, I was surprised when the envy bug caught me right after my return from China.

When Paul picked us up from the airport, he took us to IKEA so I could pick up some more of my favorite towels.  While in IKEA, I saw a lady walking around with her dog, a little Pomeranian, in a papoose.  I had already been missing my little Pippa, so I really was wishing at that moment that I had a papoose, and that my sweet Pippa was with me.  So, I decided to make one.
 Noelle picked out the fabric.  She went through our whole fabric stash, and pulled out these two.  I agreed, so I sat down and designed and then sewed up our very own papoose for Pippa.
She loves the thing.  She will ride around in there all day.  She likes to keep her head and one leg out.  So, my envy bug is gone, it has been satisfied.  However, now Noelle has caught the bug.  She wants me to make one for her bunny.  So this weekend, we will make Oreo his very own papoose. Then, I am hoping the envy bug doesn't creep it's way back into our lives.  I like living my life of contentment, and now that my princess has a papoose, I am back to being content.

No comments: