Wednesday, August 10, 2011

Back to School-2011

The anticipation and excitement has been at an all time high in our house for the first day of school.  Our back to school shopping was done, book bags have been lining the hall for days, and lunch items had been purchased.  The girls were just missing one thing, first day of school outfits.  As always, I left it until the last minute, so as they ventured off into dream land, I got to sewing.  So, they woke up to three brand new outfits for the first day.....that gave me the smiles I love to see, and I even got hugs!
What was even better, is that they all fit.  Trying to adjust sizes on sleeping children is not easy.

Can I just say, that I love that they LOVE to match?  I would make them all something different, but they love to dress alike.  This is one of the things that makes my mommy heart smile, because they truly see each other as sisters.  We had even bought three different types of tennis shoes, and I could sense that  none of them were overly happy with theirs, but then we found these, and they all loved them.  So even their shoes for the year match (we returned the others).
One of my hardest decisions as a parent has been whether or not to send Hope to school, and if we did, what grade we should put her in.  She should be in second, but of course is so far behind.  We decided to send her to first, so I am praying that the Lord will bless this decision.  On meet your teacher night, her sweet teacher came to her and said, "I'm Miss Gorman."  Hope shook her hand, looked directly at her, and said, "I'm Miss Hope."
 This is Noelle's last year at Dean Road.  It is tough for me to swallow that I have a 5th grader.  She is such a mature young lady, and I know that she will blossom at school as she always does.
Then, there is LeeLee.  What can I say about her?  I was fine about school starting for everyone but her.  Even though my LeeLee is firecracker, and keeps me on my toes, she is also my baby.  I figure she will be teaching the class soon.  It won't take her long to figure out how to manipulate every situation to her advantage.  I pray her young teacher is on her toes, or she won't even see it coming.
Look at the smiles....it is if they are excited to leave me or something.  I did some last minute begging for them to stay home with me another year, but it wasn't received to well.
We took Hope to her class first.  She unpacked her backpack, and put up her lunch box.  Then on the way to her seat, she panicked  because she couldn't remember what she had done with her lunchbox.  We reminded her that she had put it in her cubby, then all was well in her world.
LeeLee walked into her room like she was already in charge.  The other kids looked terrified, and LeeLee was already working her teacher over.  Paul and I sat at the door and just laughed about it.  I'm just hoping she can at least make it through the first day without getting into trouble.
Did you figure out yet that someone was missing?  My boy obviously needed some alone time with his momma, because he decided to catch the Chinese crud that Noelle brought back from our trip.  It has made its way through all the kids.  Our little Pippa has loved that we have had sick kids for over two weeks now, she has had a constant companion to snuggle with.  We are praying that she won't have this bed mate for long!

5 comments:

Nightingale said...

I LOVE their sweet matching outfits, in Auburn colors too!! VERY nice, they look so wonderful together. You are SO talented! I hope they had a great first day, and that Hunter feels better soon!

Tricia Thompson said...

Oh I hope Hunter gets to feeling better! I love the outfits - so cute on them. You are so talented Jenna! Hope will do well - it will probably be very good for her and she will learn so much so fast, I bet! Looking forward to football time. I would love to see you guys when we are in town! Enjoy the quiet day!

KBam said...

You have beautiful little ladies!!! You are a blessed Mama! Hope your sweet boy is feeling better.

Pam said...

I LOVE those matching outfits on your precious girls! And gotta love them especially since they're in AUBURN colors! Speaking of Auburn, I am SO missing my big girl, but I heard that she got to meet YOU!!!!! Thank you so much for your offers to help Emily out~ it does my mama heart good to know that you are close by! Thank you!

Kim Turner said...

Hi,

I am late posting but the girls looked so cute going to school. Sorry your son was sick! Shiloh misses Hope so we will try to catch up with you guys soon!

KIM