This picture cracks me up. Noelle and I look like the only ones that are happy to be here, but I can assure you, these are not the usual faces that I see. This is our "family group" Noelle and I are the volunteers, Jane (on the right) and Jane 2 (on the left) are our translators. Then of course Diana and Zhu Zhu are our campers.
Jane is doing great helping us to translate. She is an amazing young woman. She is 18 years old, so I am impressed with her age that she was willing to give a week of her time to do this camp. She has been invaluable to Noelle and I. She is also learning to have a handle on Diana, and not give into everything she wants. We were able to spend some great quality one on one time with her today when we headed out to find underwear for sweet Diana.
Jane 2 is struggling with her English. It was obvious the moment that we met the translators, that Jane 2 just seemed a little different. Come to find out, she was a orphan at this camp last year. She has now aged out, and can speak just a little English, so she asked if she could come as a translator. That just shows you what this camp means to these kids. She wanted so desperately to not miss one of the highlights of her life, that she was willing to try to come back as an English speaker. My heart aches for her. I hear all the time of orphans who have aged out, but to be face to face with one who is trying to make on the other side of the aging out process is tough to see. So, it really seems like I have three orphans and one translator, because Jane is having to help me translate conversations to Jane 2. I wouldn't change any of this. I have the most precious little "family"!
Now there is the smile I was telling you we generally see.
This is my girl!! Today they asked me what awards I would like to give my children, and I said that Diana would need most active, but I couldn't stop giving out praise words for sweet Zhu Zhu. I said, Best All Around.
One of the many faces of Diana! This girl will keep you laughing. She has a smile that is infectious.
I'm going to leave you with this picture. This is Aaron. He is five years old, and one of the most precious boys you would ever meet. He has post operative hydrocephalus, and left side motor issues. But let me tell you, he can get around just fine, and there is nothing wrong with his mind. He is smart as a whip. He is bonding really well with his volunteer, and he actually was excited to see her today after she had to leave for an unexpected trip. He jumped up and ran to her and gave her the biggest kiss on the lips!! I guess you all have figured that I am writing all of this because his file is done, and he is available for adoption. He would make someone a great son!! If anyone is interested in Aaron, please let me know. I would love to see him find a great home.
Please keep the prayers coming. We have one sick volunteer, Micah, who was not even able to get out of bed today. Please pray that we all stay safe on our outing tomorrow to ride on boats and bumper cars. Pray that families would come forward for these precious kids.
No comments:
Post a Comment