I love having all the kids home from school. I relish everyday that we get to sleep late. I love every game they make up and play together. And, one of my true loves is seeing what the girls put together to wear. My younger girls definitely have the Asian since of style, and it is so cute. Sometimes, they can drag Noelle into it, so I have to take that opportunity to capture the spunky fun.
My sweet Hope. She is so exotically beautiful. I have Chinese people come out of the woodwork to talk to me about her. They all want to know where she is from because she is so unusual, and what they consider to be an exotic beauty. They want to touch her and stare at her eyes. I have had tons of Chinese people tell me that she needs to go back to China and model. They are always shocked that she was an orphan up until an year ago. Now granted we do know that she was the model child for the orphanage as they put her in front of the camera anytime a newspaper reporter showed up, we just thought it was because she always smiled. But now we know, that she was considered to be beautiful...after all, they all called her NaNa which means "beautiful."
LeeLee on the other hand captures the hearts of the Americans. There is something about her that attracts the non Asian population. She also knows how to reel people in with her spunky full of life personality. We had a perfect example of the difference between the two girls at Lifeline's reunion. Families who had adopted or were adopting kept coming up to me to tell me how beautiful LeeLee was. Several commented that when they dream of their daughter's face at night, they often dream of their child looking just like LeeLee. At this reunion though, there were about 15 employees of China's Adoption Offices, one by one they each spotted Hope and came to touch her face, and ask lots of questions about her and where she was from. LeeLee just kinda looked up with the what about me look, but they couldn't take their eyes off of Hope. To me, they are both beautiful in their own special way.
And speaking of beauty....Noelle just radiates beauty. Her beauty is such a natural peaceful beauty that comes from her heart and radiates to the outside. She is such a blessing and such a patient and loving big sister. She loves having sisters, and watching them do their music routines today makes me realize that I really missed out by not having a sister. I hope the love that these three girls have for each other remains for a lifetime....it would make this momma's heart happy.




2 comments:
All of your children are just beautiful. Hope reminds me of Joy with her exotic eyes. Happy New Years.
Seriously fantastic! Love that first shot especially! :)
Post a Comment