Sunday, January 08, 2012

Can't Leave Out the Boy! 8/365


As I looked back at last week, I realized that the other dogs were all featured in pictures with the kids. However, somehow Rags hadn't made a picture.  He deserves his own.  He is truly our Shaggy Dog from Disney meets Benji.  He is the all around best dog we have ever had.  I will never forget seeing his face on petfinder five and a half years ago.  It was like he was jumping off the page.  He looked like the ultimate kid dog I had always dreamed of.  I remember showing the picture to Paul, and him looking over at me and saying no.  I also remember getting the kids all dressed that next weekend, and he looked at me, and said, "Where are you going?"  I replied that I was taking the kids to Columbus so we could go meet the dog he had said no to.  He huffed and said, "if you give me a few minutes I will get ready and go with you all."  I wasn't sure whether it would be a good thing, or a bad thing to have him go with us, but at that point, he was along for the ride.  Turns out it was a great thing, because once he met him, he instantly knew that Rags was that once in a lifetime dog.  Rags has proven himself to be that and more for us all.  Our friends go in the search of their perfect dog, and we hear the same thing over and over....We are looking for a Rags for our family.  We have had lots of disappointed friends.  Ragsy, is our bear, our comforter, our protector, our snuggle bunny, our therapist, and our friend. So today, I want to make sure he isn't left out, because he is our love!

1 comment: