Oh my goodness, what a joy and privilege it is each day to see what these two have in store for me. When we felt called to bring Hope home, I worried about the effect that it would have on LeeLee. I never worried about how Hunter or Noelle would react, or about how Hope's challenges would effect Paul and I or our schedules, none of that really mattered. But LeeLee, she was a different story. I had to believe that it would all work out, because I knew in my heart that Hope was meant to be with us.
These two have surprised me in so many ways. They are so very different. LeeLee is strong, highly intelligent, an all around great athlete, and not your typical 6 year old. She is energetic, and never misses a beat. She is hyper vigilant, and quite the night owl. Hope is weak, she struggles, and if you tried to throw a baseball in her direction, she would definitely get hit. She is silly, and a bit nosy about what other people are up to, but never quite gets what she is supposed to be doing. She is compassionate, and very much a girly girl. She can play with a baby doll for hours just tenderly taking care of it.
But, despite the differences, these two unlikely sisters, are best friends. They play together amazingly well. LeeLee has pushed Hope out of so many of her comfort zones, strengthening her is good ways. Hope has calmed LeeLee's energetic spirit a bit by helping her learn to actually play engaging games. She has also taught LeeLee a bit of compassion. LeeLee roots Hope on as Hope meets her goals. Hope has helped to heal many of the things that LeeLee has struggled with. I love that they are best friends. I can only hope that the sweet little girls who now say, "she is my BFF" will still mean that many years down the road.Update: When I was taking the pictures of the girls, I told them no peace signs, and no bunny ears. If I don't tell them that, every picture would have them. When Paul got home from work, they were excited to tell him that I had done pictures of them, and he had them gathered around as he pulled up the blog. Hope for the first time saw that LeeLee had given her bunny ears. Her eyes got huge, and she said, "LeeLee, did you give me bunny ears? I didn't want bunny ears! LeeLee this isn't funny!" And, we all started laughing....they may not be BFFs anymore :)


1 comment:
So beautiful! Heartwarming and encouraging to us all. So great to read this xxx
Post a Comment