Tuesday, January 10, 2012
Tooth Pain 10/365
My sweet Hope has had nothing but trouble with those teeth of hers since we got her. We have never had dental insurance, but as I looked at a few of Hope's referrals pictures, I was figuring we were going to encounter some bad teeth for the first time in our family. I scrambled before we brought her home and got insurance in place that would have to help us with her issues. I am so glad I did, because it has paid for itself five times over all ready. Today was the first time Hope has had to have this much dental work done while being awake. Bless her heart, her lip is swollen, and she has tons of pain in her teeth. While at the dentist, I also ran into another adoptive mom, and she and I told the dentist that our kids were keeping him in business. At the rate Hope is going, I think she will have dentures by age twenty, so the big question is, do we invest in braces or not? She has a ton of work to be done to straighten out her mouth, but I worry about her teeth being to brittle for all the movement. Pray for us as we get through the next round dental work in two weeks, and as we consult the orthodontist. I still count it pure joy that we get to deal with this....even if she ends up toothless, she will forever be ours!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment