Sunday, January 22, 2012

Happy Chinese New Year! 22/365


Today we celebrated Chinese New Year.  This is the year of the dragon.  The girls tried their best to give their dragon impersonations.
I kind of think that maybe they look more like they are celebrating the year of the tiger, but hey, I've never met a dragon in real life....so maybe this is what they look like.
We were blessed today to be able to celebrate the new year with our sweet church family.  The Chinese Christians in our area have started meeting at our church on Sunday mornings.  They meet in the chapel while we meet in the sanctuary.  They have taken on a love for our girls, and invited us to eat with them during their special potluck celebration.
I can't believe I forgot to take my camera in to capture the fun, the singing, the food, and the celebration. Our Chinese Christian friends also got our pastor and his wife up to perform. They were precious as always.  My sweet friend Lucy from Beijing, whom I have become close to, wowed us all with her amazing voice.  It was sad to leave such a special event, because it is one of those things that just gives you a little glimpse of what heaven is going to be like. We gave lots of hugs and kisses on our way out.
So, from our family to yours.....Happy New Year!!  May your new year be filled with blessings beyond measure!
Sunday Snapshot

2 comments:

Rebekah said...

Your girls look beautiful in their silks!
Happy New Year!!!
What a blessing to have a Chinese church meeting in your building. It sounds like such a wonderful time you had today fellowshipping with them.
Blessings,
Rebekah

Ashley said...

Sounds like you guys had a great CNY! We just ate a family dinner at MK's. :)