Monday, January 23, 2012

Our Rock! 23/365

We have a rock in our house.  He day after day works harder than anyone else I know.  He has hit immeasurable road blocks throughout his life, and always found a way to climb over them.  As we watched the movie Courageous the other night, I couldn't help but think about him on so many levels.  Despite all the odds, he is a father who loves his children and family in mighty ways.  He takes time with each child to make them feel special.  He dates his daughters and treats them on those dates as they should be treated by boys in the future.  He can often be found fishing or golfing with Hunter, and you can catch him any Wednesday night playing quarterback for ten to fifteen third grade boys.  He also supports me with the kids, supports my passion for orphans and missions, and tolerates my love of animals. All my girlfriends are jealous with how well we cook together too. What more could we ask for?  Today, our rock has been on my mind therefore, I thought he was worthy of a post just because we love him.  Today he finally got to the eye doctor to have a new prescription done....I hope when he gets the new glasses and sees clearly that he still finds me cute :)

2 comments:

Cheri said...

What a sweet post! I love it. I hope he finds you "still cute".

*Todd, Kim and Tyler* said...

Love it and I love following your family! Your words are always so PERFECT!! Keep it up!