Tuesday, January 17, 2012

Look Who is Riding 17/365

When Hunter was little, this is one of the expectations that I had to let go of.  It isn't that I didn't hope that he could one day do it, I just had to let go expecting things like this to happen, because we were told over and over that they probably never would.  Somebody forgot to inform Hunter of that fact.  We have gone through the last eight years with him, telling him that he can do whatever he sets his mind to, never letting onto the things that the professionals said he wouldn't be able to do.  We bought this bike for Hunter two years ago (I found it at a thrift store for $15, it is a $300 racing bike).  He has tried and tried over the past two years to ride it, but the balance thing just inhibited him.   However, yesterday, half sick, he was able to ride.  Today he was flying around the yard.  I am so proud.
Here is his motivation.  LeeLee has been riding well since November, and it was driving Hunter crazy.  Nothing like a little sibling peer pressure.  Oh, and yes, my kids are wearing shorts.  It is overcast, but 70 degrees and beautiful outside.  I love being warm in January!

I love this verse....  Have you not known? Have you not heard? The LORD is the everlasting God,   the Creator of the ends of the earth. He does not faint or grow weary; his understanding is unsearchable. He gives power to the faint,   and to him who has no might he increases strength. Even youths shall faint and be weary,and young men shall fall exhausted; but they who wait for the LORD shall renew their strength;   they shall mount up with wings like eagles; they shall run and not be weary;   they shall walk and not faint.Isaiah 40:28-31  I hope that Hunter will continue to be lifted and strengthened our Lord.  Thank you Isaiah for the words of strength and comfort, they give this mom hope.  

No comments: