Sunday, January 29, 2012

RA Derby Day 29/365

Today was the RA Derby Day at church.  Hunter loves the derby.  We normally go all out on the car, but somehow, I let the day creep up on me without getting an ultra unique car carved out.  So yesterday afternoon, Paul and Hunter just cut the old wedge. It looked like a door stop.  However, we dressed it up a little with a camo skin and some hunting stickers.  His is the fourth one back.
Noelle wanted to enter again, and we didn't have enough time to make a new one for her, so since she is in the open class, she entered the same one from last year.  The red VW Bug is hers.
Things turned out pretty well for us considering I put the wheels on once we arrived at the race.  He placed first in this heat.
The open class is always the hardest, Noelle had some tough competition in this heat, but she was a close second.
This is definitely my picture of the day.  This is the class that Paul and teach on Wednesday nights.  I was proud of all of our boys today.  We had the largest group represented, and I was proud of each of them.  However, you may be able to tell from the picture that we need to have a lesson on sportsmanship.
Noelle had an unlucky draw with her car.  She was neck in neck with the Batmobile, but didn't beat it in her race, so she wasn't up for the first place race.  So the best she could run for was third, which she ran away with.  She was happy.  So it is on to districts in the next couple of weeks.  I think we have some tweaking to do.

No comments: