Thursday, January 05, 2012

We have Eggs! 5/365

Little LeeLee was all ready to be my model today...but she got bumped by something more important.  The kids have anxiously been awaiting the arrival of this since the beginning of October when we purchased our chickens for family day.  Our first egg was discovered.  I sent Hunter down with a box full of veggies for the chickens, and he came back in screaming, "We have eggs!" I think there was a bit of disbelief, but he had an egg.
Upon further investigation, we realized there was not only one egg, but eight beautiful eggs.  They weren't laying in the nesting box, so we had overlooked them.
Here they are, all cleaned up, and ready for a meal.  Tonight we will be having breakfast for dinner...and I am so excited!

1 comment:

andrea said...

i am jealous...i want a chicken coop and kent says NO chickens ugh....if and when we move to the farm house we've been going back & forth on for months...i will have chickens (hopefully)

andrea