Another undeliverable letter made its way to my hands today. This time she wrote one to her orphanage in China. I asked her to read it to me and she did. I said, "Sweetheart, do you really miss the orphanage?" She said, "No, I am just thankful they took care of me when you weren't there, and I want to meet them and tell them I love them for doing that. I don't want to go there Momma, I asked them to come to Auburn." We talked about her orphanage, and how it no longer has children there, only older folks. I also asked her if she has written anymore letters to people who are not physically at school. She assured me these are the only two letters, so we shall see.
I love first grade spelling. It makes me smile!On another note, she didn't know I had the letter that I posted yesterday. She came across the blog on the ipad last night, and she said, "How did you get this letter? Oh yeah, I guess God gave it to you, that's so cool!" I didn't correct her, because she seemed so confident that God had hand delivered her letter straight to me. Oh the faith of a six year old, how I long to learn to have the blind faith of a child, she amazes me.


No comments:
Post a Comment