Wednesday, February 15, 2012

He's So Big, I'm So Little 46/365

To try and enjoy the sixty eight degree weather today, I tried to let my kids play on the playground after school.  They were having fun until we got invaded by the kids from the running club.  They kept coming over and we would have to pull our kids off the playground.  My kids would migrate to the trees.  I have two climbers, LeeLee and Hunter.  Hunter climbed high into a tree, when an after school worker went over to fuss at him because she didn't know the kids she was watching.  Hunter informed her that I was there watching him, and that he was fine in the tree.  She takes a glance over at the picnic table and acknowledges me, then says fine....then things get interesting.......Here is the conversation that transpired.
After School Worker  (ASW) to LeeLee: You need to get out of here, and back to the playground.
LeeLee: Why?
ASW: Because your mom isn't here
LeeLee: Yes, she is
ASW looking over at the picnic table:  No she is not
LeeLee:  Yeah, I'm pretty sure that's my mom over there
ASW:  I don't see her
LeeLee:  He (referring to Hunter) is my brother.
ASW with a strange look on her face: What?
Hunter: Yes, she is my little sister.
ASW: Okay, well the rest of you kids stay out of the trees.
When we get in the car to leave, I question LeeLee about what happened, and she says, "I don't know why she didn't know that Hunter was my brother. Oh, I guess it's because he is so big, and I am so little."  Why yes, LeeLee, I am sure that is why she had no clue you were related, I'm sure it had nothing to do with the fact that he is white, and you are Chinese!!  A few weeks ago this silly monkey was mad because people didn't think she was Chinese enough, then today, she has totally forgotten that she doesn't look like us at all....I love this child, she keeps life interesting!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I love it, go LeeLee