Wednesday, February 01, 2012

Squirrel! 32/365

I love the movie UP!  I couldn't help but think about it this morning when I walked out to take the kids to school.  Hunter had set his trap, and I could here it rattling.  I look over, and just like Doug from Up, I screamed, "Squirrel!"  Hunter's face lit up.  He took off running for the trap and was overjoyed as this is his first squirrel to be captured.  I have to say, the squirrel is a little more lively than the chipmunks that we regularly catch.
We didn't have much time to marvel at him before we had to release him.  It is so sweet to see the excitement that a squirrel can bring to my boy's face.  I guess it is the simple things in life that sometimes bring us the greatest joy.  I am thankful that God sent us this message this morning, because I needed the reminder.

2 comments:

*Todd, Kim and Tyler* said...

oh my lands... always some excitement at your house!!! Love the daily blog updates!!!

Anonymous said...

Jenna,

I love that you let your kids be so adventurous!! I also am loving checking in on you all every day.....you inspire me and challenge me at the same time. Love ya girlie, and wish we could spend more time together!

Karen