Thursday, February 02, 2012

Sparkly Shoes! 33/365

While I didn't lack much in my childhood, I realize through raising my own children, that there were a few things that I would have changed.  You see, I had what I like to call an expressive side, but I think my parents would have labeled it more of a tacky side or trashy side.  I can remember wanting a pair of sparkly shoes, and my mom just wouldn't allow it.  The closest I ever came to sparkly shoes was the famous Jelly Shoes of the 80's.  I remember thinking I was hot stuff when I finally got a pair, and now in retrospect, I wonder what any of us were thinking.  Those things were uncomfortable and ugly.  Nonetheless, I was excited to have some shoes with at least a hint of sparkle.  So, maybe I need some type of therapy, because when I see sparkly shoes for the girls, I spontaneously have to buy them.
I mean seriously, they are adorable!!  I wish they had my size.  I would wear them everyday.  I think everyone needs a little sparkle in their lives.

1 comment:

Kelsey said...

I think you are the coolest mom ever. Yes to sparkles!