Every Friday, we try to do something fun for the kids for making it through the week. All week, the girls had been asking me for Chinese food. I was excited about it too, but we had to put it off until tonight. We have had a full day of parties, but they were still ready to go get Chinese tonight. So after our bellies were full, we got our fortune cookies. Of course, I don't really believe in the fortunes, but they are always fun to crack open and read. These were all pleasant fortunes, Noelle especially liked hers, Your dearest wish will come true within a month! She quickly said, "Yes, I'm getting a penguin!" We quickly informed her that it wasn't going to happen!
It was this fortune that had me giggling though. This was LeeLee's fortune. She is a pretty good reader most of the time for a six year old, but her misreading is what made it so funny. She said, "A bald and dashing, oh momma, you have to break up with daddy, because he is gonna be mine." Isn't it sweet that as soon as she thought her fortune had a bald and dashing guy in it that she immediately thought of her daddy? This little LeeLee of mine sure can be a pack of trouble, but she sure keeps us all smiling!


1 comment:
That is so sweet!!! I love reading your daily tidbits about your family. They are always such precious stories.
Post a Comment