The faith of this child amazes me. LeeLee is so carefree, yet she is so spiritual. She sees and feels God in a tangible way. It is a gift. I am often jealous of her child like faith. I think sometimes life robs us of having the faith of a child because we doubt what God can do. We see friends dying of cancer, we lose parents, we see people struggle just to have a home and put food on the table. I watch and read about precious orphans who have lost hope, and I just want to cry out to God, WHY? But then, I watch something as simple as LeeLee hearing and claiming a promise from God, and I am reminded yet again of Isaiah 55:9....As the heavens are higher than the earth, so are my ways higher than your ways and my thoughts than your thoughts.
Friday, March 16, 2012
Bella's Blessing 76/365
God has shown us his blessings on LeeLee again through a little hamster named Bella. LeeLee hasn't had a hamster in a while, and Hope just got one a few weeks ago (I will post about that another time, because there is a cute story there too.) So, we I decided it was time for LeeLee to have another one, so we got one that looks like my all time favorite hamster George. This one is a teddy bear baby, so she will be much larger than Noelle and Hunter's hamsters. When we returned with Bella, we got her cage ready and got her in there, but we heard Paul outside, so being the smart girl that she is, LeeLee grabbed the cage and ran downstairs with it so he wouldn't know there was another hamster in the house. I guess in the haste of trying to hide the hamster from Daddy, LeeLee forgot to fill up the food bowl. She of course thought she had, so she didn't check it. It normally takes the hamsters about 2-3 weeks to empty the bowl. So, as the kids were doing their nightly hamster check, they came running upstairs with Bella's lifeless body. She was cold, and could not open her eyes. All the signs pointed to an imminent death. I can't stand it however, so I will do just about anything to try and save them. I got water in a syringe, and started trying to see if I could get that in Bella. She wasn't swallowing, so I would breathe in her face to get her to swallow. Once I got a little water down her, I crushed up some food and got it in really warm water then started slowing feeding that to Bella in the syringe. We put out a heating pad and put Bella on it....she was lifeless. Then Hunter told LeeLee that she better start praying. She did, over and over with tears streaming down her face. Then, between sessions of trying to get food in Bella, I prayed with LeeLee for Bella. When I was done praying, LeeLee wiped the tears from her eyes and said, "I feel like God just put his hand on my shoulder and told me it was going to be okay." LeeLee's whole countenance had changed. Oh how this worried me, because I thought to myself, it would take a miracle to save Bella. But, what I could not do on my own, God could do. He had comforted LeeLee and given her a promise. A promise that he kept. Bella bounced back within about 4 hours and you would never have known that anything had ever been wrong with her.
The faith of this child amazes me. LeeLee is so carefree, yet she is so spiritual. She sees and feels God in a tangible way. It is a gift. I am often jealous of her child like faith. I think sometimes life robs us of having the faith of a child because we doubt what God can do. We see friends dying of cancer, we lose parents, we see people struggle just to have a home and put food on the table. I watch and read about precious orphans who have lost hope, and I just want to cry out to God, WHY? But then, I watch something as simple as LeeLee hearing and claiming a promise from God, and I am reminded yet again of Isaiah 55:9....As the heavens are higher than the earth, so are my ways higher than your ways and my thoughts than your thoughts.
The faith of this child amazes me. LeeLee is so carefree, yet she is so spiritual. She sees and feels God in a tangible way. It is a gift. I am often jealous of her child like faith. I think sometimes life robs us of having the faith of a child because we doubt what God can do. We see friends dying of cancer, we lose parents, we see people struggle just to have a home and put food on the table. I watch and read about precious orphans who have lost hope, and I just want to cry out to God, WHY? But then, I watch something as simple as LeeLee hearing and claiming a promise from God, and I am reminded yet again of Isaiah 55:9....As the heavens are higher than the earth, so are my ways higher than your ways and my thoughts than your thoughts.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment