Wednesday, March 07, 2012
Pippa Update 67/365
I know, I am a little crazy about this little dog. How could you look at her and not smile? That little tongue sticking out just gets me every time. Pippa scared me about a month ago. She really didn't want to be bothered by anyone. She wouldn't let anyone in the house but me touch her, and she was even getting a little testy with me sometimes. I put her on Cosequin for her old little bones, then took her on into the vet. Come to find out, she had a pinched nerve in her back. They think it was from an old injury, but they decided that she needed to stay at the vet for awhile, then be on confinement here for three weeks once they released her. Well, I made it one night with her at the vet before I was on their doorstep when they opened the doors. I couldn't handle her being there. I love my vets, because they know me well, and had already consulted with one another and come up with a game plan if I showed up, which they said they knew I would. So they let me take her, and I kept her in a baby play pen beside my bed. She still got out to sleep on my pillow at night. So, her three weeks of prednisone and bed rest are over, and she is a different dog. She is so full of energy and spunk. I love seeing her bounce around. I was also finally able to take her to the groomers to get the cute puppy cut I had been dreaming of. I am thankful for our sweet groomer, Pippa bit both of her hands pretty bad. I figured she was going to fire Pippa as a client, but she said that she would be happy to do her again. So, if you are local, I would highly recommend Liz's Pet Grooming on Dean. She is awesome, and is so gentle to Pippa even when Pippa isn't so gentle back. I am still so thankful that Pippa was able to enter my life when I needed her. She may be quite snappy sometimes, but for the most part, she is the sweetest little girl and I treasure everyday I have with her.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment