Sunday, March 25, 2012

Spare Change 85/365

Our spring break is this week, so the kids are ready for the plan to be revealed.  They would love to know what we are doing each day.  But I decided to use spring break as a time to teach them about money and budgeting.  So we got the spare change jar down.
They started pouring it out.
 ......and the money kept coming.  They all made guesses as to how much we might have.
Each child grabbed a pile of money and they sorted.  Three of the four of them sorted well, one had a little trouble.  But they were all so excited with our result. So, this spring break we will have $118 to spend.  I haven't quite figured out how I am going to stretch that for five days of fun, but I'm sure we will and we will all have a great time doing it......I love the simple lessons in life.
Sunday Snapshot

4 comments:

Betsy said...

Wow, what a great idea!

Cheri said...

How fun with it! I'm still trying to teach my oldest to budget.

anything but LoKEY said...

That is a wonderful idea! Thank you for sharing. :)

Gillian said...

neat idea, what a great use for your spare change!