We took an all girls trip to the Asian Supermarket today. It was a special outing for Hope, but the other two wanted to come along. Her eyes lit up when she saw some familiar foods she has been missing.
She was excited about foods that have become familiar here that she loves too. They even promised us that they would be getting in some dragon fruit....that is going to make her smile even bigger.
These little jello treats made her so excited to find. I didn't know she had them before, but we had given lots of them to our sweet kiddos at camp last summer. It was a wonderful day for Hope finding all her special treasures.
LeeLee on the other hand didn't understand why Hope was so excited. All she ever had in China was congee (a watered down version of rice.) She walked around making a typical American face as she looked at all the strange foods and drinks.
(I had to come back and update after I posted this....I can assure you Noelle is not flipping off the camera in the first picture. She was playing with her fingers and it happened to take when both her middle ones were up.....I had to laugh when I saw it.)




5 comments:
Love it!! I need to find a nearby Asian market to take Lily. We found some candy and suckers that we bought in China, she was so happy!!!
HAHA I would have never noticed if you would not have pointed it out!
We have a similar market here. Ivy loves going in, so do the other 2, but nothing is familiar to them. And, I would never have noticed the finger. Funny!
I took Clara into the Asian Market a few months ago. We walked in the door and she stopped, breathed in deeply, and said "OOOOOOOOOOOOOOO, it smells SOOOOOO good in here." Apparently triggered some memory, I thought it smelled terrible. It was fun looking around and we came home with some Chinese jello candies too.
Renee
Ha! We are going today. Kate is so excited!!
Post a Comment