Today, the waves on the Cape were perfect for boogie boarding. So, the kids headed to the beach first so they could catch the big waves. Hunter looks like a little surfer dude. He caught a few great waves, and he also enjoyed watching the big boys who were really surfing.
Hope had lots of wipeouts, but she stayed so determined. That is one of the things that I admire about Hope, things don't come easy for her, but she will try, try, try again. She had some success in the midst of all her failures, and they were enough to keep her motivated to keep trying. Again, I am so proud of her and how far she has come. She was still weak this time last year, and doing this would have been impossible. She continually amazes me.This one on the other hand is a natural. She figured out how to read the waves, and she would wait for the big ones and get set up for it. She would ride them in with a huge smile on her face, and a thumbs up.
At one point Noelle was frustrated that it came so easily to LeeLee. She complained for a bit at how perfect LeeLee was, then she found her inner determination. I must say, she ended up quite equal to her sister in the boogie boarding skills department.
Notice how dark LeeLee is, it is ridiculous how dark she gets. We keep her covered in sunscreen from head to toe, and each year she gets so dark! (Praise the Lord she is in America where we think dark is beautiful, because trust me, there is no keeping this baby pale.)
Noelle on the other hand, unfortunately has red cheeks. She is allergic to sunscreen. We still load her up with it, but the sunscreen actually causes her face to burn. She also started running a fever today, and appears to have what LeeLee and I had last week. She is hoping to kick it quickly because she wants to take a special outing tomorrow.I got to spend some more one on one time with my little man today. He and I went treasure hunting in the bay again. We only saw one stingray, so our wading was much easier. We were able to walk out in the bay about 300 yards and we were only up to our waists in water. That made for a fun time, we found all kinds of cool sea life.
Today Hope said, "I love the beach mommy. I wish we could come here all the time." I assured her we both had great minds and that we think alike. Another great day has come to an end.
No comments:
Post a Comment