I'm not a big fan of trends. I don't let my kids get something just because "everyone" else is. When they do eventually get an item it is generally the knock off brand. Let's take Crocs for instance, I buy the off brands. They serve the same purpose and only cost $5. My girls have crocs now because I found them in a clearance bin for $1, so now I can attest that the off brand and the originals hold up about the same. So, I am grateful that I only have $3 invested in the three pairs instead of $75.
Noelle has been wanting a knock off pair of Toms. I loved the Toms concept when they came out, but after he wrote the letter explaining that he was ashamed that he had spoken to Focus on the Family, I was pretty disappointed and knew at that point that even if they had a good concept, he wouldn't be getting a dime of my money. (If you have Toms and love them, I am in no way judging you. I just can't have them gain off me.) We have looked several places and not found the perfect knock offs, until yesterday that is. After we picked Noelle up from camp we ran a few errands and we found these Bobs for $14. She is thrilled with them and they will make a great pair of school shoes. I don't think we could have found any that suit her personality any better.....and still a pair of shoes gets donated. I have one happy girl!

4 comments:
i have bobs, too! and for the same reason ;-)
i actually found that soles4souls gives 2 pairs for each pair of bobs that are purchased... even better!
They are adorable! I would love a pair exactly like those.
I am so glad that you are taking the stand against Toms. My friends all think I'm crazy, but I am right there with you. What an encouragement to know that people truly want to be set apart.
i want those ;) natalie & i love tom's and bob's i don't know about the incident your talking about will have to google that to read up. i rarely go for the name brand but i do like the idea of giving a child a pair of shoes...that's why we have bought bob's instead of tom's...same great shoe & much less.
praying for noelle...i bet it's a virus of some sort...allergies i get rashes all the time...been to infectious disease doctors and several other specialist diagnosis allergies...i'd have her WBC checked to make sure it's not something really serious.
Post a Comment