Thursday, June 21, 2012

An Oops! 173/365

The two littlest ones have figured out that their jie jie (big sister in Chinese) knows how to work the stove and oven.  So they will often ask her to cook for them.  She loves the responsibility, so she says yes.  Today however, as she was getting their lunch out of the oven, it started to drop and she reached to catch it with her left hand, that wasn't covered with the oven mitt.
Bless her heart, she has been pitiful.  She will be fine though, it is just in an area that the skin rubs against itself, so she is in a little more pain than she would be if it was somewhere else.  She was cute when she said, "It all just happens so fast, you don't really have time to think."  Then I said, "Well, next time it happens will you reach out or just let it fall?"  She quickly replied, "No, I won't do that again!"  Hopefully there won't be a next time, but if there is, I hope she remembers.

No comments: