I love it when the crepe myrtles begin to bloom. They add so much color to the yard. I love when they get in full bloom and they are so heavy that the branches begin to flop to the ground. We are still several weeks out from that, but I just love it. My sweet little Hope seems to be blooming some too. I am starting to see that she growing up a little. It is typical when you adopt an older child for them to act much younger than their age. Part of it was her need to be little, because she wanted to be babied, the other part is, she just doesn't know how to act more mature. This summer I see some subtle little changes. She is growing, maturing, blooming on her own. I know her blooms will take more time than the crepe myrtles, but they will last a life time where as the blooms from the plants will be gone in a matter of a month. I can look at Hope each day and know that God is pruning her, but he uses her to prune me. What a blessed girl I am!
I am the true grapevine, and my Father is the gardener. He cuts off every branch of mine that doesn’t produce fruit, and he prunes the branches that do bear fruit so they will produce even more.
John 15:1-2
I will finish up my series of painting the sky tomorrow. Paul has laughed at me, because I have taken the chair, camera, paintbrush, and one kid each day down the road to take those pictures. However, I got to busy today to take Hunter down the road. The first day Paul wondered why I only took one kid, maybe I should have listened.
No comments:
Post a Comment