Saturday, July 21, 2012

A Day for Rest 203/365

After our emotional Friday, I really just wanted to rest.  We all went to eat lunch and dinner together.
By this time, the other volunteers are your family.  This girl, Laura, was super special to me.  She was adopted from China as an infant.  She came back to China for three weeks of camp and was such an amazing young lady.  She had tons of spunk and reminds me tons of my LeeLee.
After dinner, we hit the street food again.  If it wasn't for the street food, I think me may have all perished.  Now that I am on this side of China, I can tell you that I lost five pounds.  That has seriously never happened before in China, the food was just that bad.
We checked in on James to make sure he was packing.  He was not, we offered to help, but he didn't want it.  He had gotten sick from the food, and it really wasn't pretty.  To spice things up a bit, the girls blew up lots of rocket balloons and put them in his dark room and let them fly around.  We thought it was really funny....he did not.

We stayed up and talked with our friends and packed.  Everyone was dreading to departure.  No one wanted to go home to their soft beds, good food, or the comforts of their former lives.  It made my heart smile.  China has that affect on me, and it was nice to see it in the others.

After David had finished talking with Saul, he met Jonathan, the king’s son. There was an immediate bond between them, for Jonathan loved David. From that day on Saul kept David with him and wouldn't let him return home. And Jonathan made a solemn pact with David, because he loved him as he loved himself. 1 Samuel 18:1-3

No comments: