Wednesday, August 22, 2012

The Monkey Dentist 235/365

So for the local folks, you will know from this picture exactly where we were today.  We had to make yet another visit to the monkey dentist.  It's a good thing that he loves my kids as much as he does, because we sure to spend a ton of time there.  Oh, and it is only Hope.  The others just go for regular cleanings, but Hope has a mouth full of problems.

I guess I had one of those not so bright mommy moments on Friday after the kids shopped with me.  On our way out of the shopping outlet, I let them each pick out some candy at Fuzziwigs.  Hope picked a Sugar Daddy.  It made me think of my own childhood and I agreed that it was a good choice.  I would teach her how to suck on it until it melted like butter in your mouth.  However, I stopped at an outdoors store to let Hunter run in the get something.  He took longer than I thought, so I had Noelle watch the little girls while I fetched Hunter.  Next thing you know, Noelle is running into the store with Hope's teeth in her hands.  Yep, you guessed it!  That Sugar Daddy that I had approved of had been torn into and she had tried to bite off a piece.  She ended up losing two crowns.  So today we went to the dentist.  He put one crown back on, and decided that we would leave the other space empty.  He tried to numb her, but she is stubborn like her momma and kindly asked him not to.  She said she didn't want her mouth to feel funny and her lip to swell up.

I do pray for my sweet girl that when all these big girl teeth come in that they are stronger than the baby teeth she has had.  Her little mouth is a mess, and I know it would be a tremendous blessing to her to have a mouth that doesn't hurt all the time.

I just have to rave about Dr. Greenleaf and his staff for a minute.  They are amazing, and they always go above and beyond for our family.  He will be the first to admit that LeeLee has made him money since she was the main picture he used for advertising for years. She is still on his website if you just sit and watch for a second.  He said that not a day goes by that a child doesn't look at her picture on the board and say, "That's LeeLee."  So, he has always for some reason been super fond of our family.  He anticipated the arrival of Hope with us, and looked at pictures we got out of China and prepared and coached us on what to expect with her teeth.  He has been so gentle with her that even if she is having major work done, she doesn't dread going.  He has been a blessing to our family!

No comments: