Sunday, September 16, 2012

A Reflection of Perfection 260/365

Two years ago, I was in China on the beginning of our journey to bring home Hope.  I remember being a little nervous about exactly what I was getting myself into.  I had known with every fiber of my being that she was our daughter, but the unknowns surrounding her file had me wondering what she was really going to be like.
She came to us so easily on that chilly September day in Inner Mongolia.  She came through the door that day and leapt into the arms of her daddy, and never looked back.  She was ready for her adventure.
An adventure is exactly what she has gotten.  So have we.  Hope loves being a part of a family.  She truly was our little missing piece.  She brought harmony to our house in a way that I never knew a little girl could.
I praise God daily that our entire family took the leap of faith needed to bring Hope home.  Our two years have been richer, stronger, and more delightful because our precious girl joined us.
As for that crazy file of hers, the unknowns all ended up being just as I suspected.  However, I can tell you that when I read that file for the first time three years ago, I thought to myself in spite of it all, that she was perfect.  Now two years in, again in spite of it all,  I will declare the same....Hope is perfect, I wouldn't want her any other way.  If you ever have the privilege of spending any time with my girl, you will understand, your life will be changed simply by getting to know her.  How blessed we are!

Every good gift and every perfect gift is from above, coming down from the Father of lights with whom there is no variation or shadow due to change. James 1:17

Ni Hao Yall

5 comments:

Kate said...

Perfect indeed...and beautiful too.

Kelsey said...

I wouldn't change one thing about sweet Hopey!

Unknown said...

Beautiful and great processing too!

Brooke said...

What a beautiful post! LOVE that Hope is everything you ever wanted and much much more! The unknowns of files are truly daunting. We are in that phase right now and it is so so hard. So glad you were able to take that leap of faith straight to your girl! What a blessing!! xoxo! Brooke :)

Stefanie said...

Beautiful in every way!