Tuesday, September 11, 2012
The Old Is New 255/365
I'm kinda in a out with the old, in with the new phase. Oh wait, I'm just really in an out with the old phase. I don't want anything new coming in. I'm not really a fan of stuff. The essentials, yes, but the fluff, NO! I have been going through some old things, and slowly but surely, they are heading out the door. Every once in awhile though, something catches someone's eye, and it gets to hang around a little longer. Hope discovered this Dora princess that Noelle had when she was little. She has been fascinated with her, despite the fact that we have not put batteries in her yet to show Hope what she really does. But Hope sees some beauty in this doll, and I don't think I realized how much. In the hustle and bustle of life, I wasn't paying attention to Hope. She came outside to find me to show me her creation. Hope's rendition of Dora simply amazes me. It may not look like what a typical eight year old would draw, but I see so much more in this simple cut out. I see how far my precious girl has come. Her determination to try and try again is paying off. She is developing skills that she has never had before, and I for one am oh so proud!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

1 comment:
I love the Dora that Hope created! Great Job!!!
Post a Comment