Wednesday, October 17, 2012

Henna For Jesus 291/365

I love being part of a church that puts an emphasis on missions.  Noelle at the tender age of 11 struggles with the question of what she wants to do with her life.  She loves penguins and has a desire to work with them, but she also has a heart for China and the people there and wants to be a missionary there.  She knows without a doubt right now that she intends to live there, she just doesn't know for how long.  Today in missions she learned about how a missionary uses henna tattoos to write stories on her arms so when people ask her about them she has the opportunity to share those stories which of course point people towards Christ.  This activity really got her thinking about creative ways to share her faith.  I love it!  I'm hoping it lasts until tomorrow so she can share her "story" with friends at school.


Also I heard the voice of the Lord, saying, Whom shall I send, and who will go for us? Then said I, Here am I; send me. Isaiah 6:8

2 comments:

Tami said...

i have two kids that want to be "missionary vets" - combining their love of animals with their love of making jesus known! creative, indeed!

i love noelle's heart and totally get it (i have a few that feel the same way she does - it's china, but not sure how).

andrea said...


i have a tattoo on my left wrist..it is written in hebrew and says Shakinah...i got the tattoo to share how much Jesus loves us ALL when they say "what does your tattoo say/mean?"
your henna tattoo is really really really cool noelle.