Tuesday, October 16, 2012

Under the Couch Finds 290/365

Today as I was cleaning the living room, this little treasure was found under the couch.  I love these little surprise books that pop up, especially when the front says, "I love you mom."
And in case you couldn't tell, this is me.  Notice that I am indeed a white person.  Rather pale in fact, and I am flattered to see that I am also thin.  In fact I think I look pretty good on paper :)
Ahh, yes, this would be LeeLee.  Also notice that she is obviously not white.  I love this sweet little book more than I can even explain.  LeeLee is one of the most intelligent and analytical seven year olds I have ever been around, but for her, it is that simple.......she has a pale white momma, and she is an adorable dark skinned little girl. I know that years down the road, it won't be that simple, but for now, it is.

No comments: