Friday, November 02, 2012

I'm Gonna Be a Grandmother Again 307/365

All my generation kids have grown up....lots of them are married, have moved away, and I have one precious little grandchild, who lives in Texas.  So I have been very excited for Sarah and Billy.  Tonight was their reveal party so I made sure that I had the camera ready and would be there in time.  But as we walked out the door I heard Hunter start screaming about a dog in the middle of the road.  Me being me, couldn't leave the dog lost and in the middle of the road, so I went into rescue mode.  We watched as the dog almost got hit five times.  Then I was finally able to chase it off the main road, and that is when I realized their were two dogs instead of one.  I was able to get my hands on the second one, but not the first one.  So the kids ran to get my trusty animal helper, Kim.  She came up and we were able to keep both dogs away from the road while we figured out where they had come from.  We found their home, and I my heart was happy for the dogs who were now safely home, but my heart sank because I knew I was going to be late for Sarah a Billy's big baby gender reveal.  
But I lucked out, they hadn't started without me.  They were so precious to watch.  Sarah was so nervous.
They made a little cut, and Sarah started the crying.  It wasn't an ugly cry, but a beautiful one.  She was so excited.  Their cake was either going to be strawberry for a girl, or chocolate for a boy.
Their first congrats hug was from Miss LeeLee.  LeeLee loves Sarah.  Sarah has been a part of her life since she came home from China, and LeeLee just adores her.  There was also food involved, so LeeLee was front and center.
And just in case you were wondering, that was one great chocolate cake!

1 comment:

Sarah Brewer said...

Jenna, sounds like you had an eventful night! I only got part of the story about the dogs at the party. I'm glad you got them home! Thank you all for coming!! AND for bringing your camera :) You captured some really wonderful moments - made me cry all over again. Love you!