Tuesday, November 13, 2012

Mickey is Gone 318/365

Hunter:  Mom, Mickey is gone.
Me:  What?
Hunter:  My turtle is not in his cage!
Me:  Well find him
Hunter:  I can't find him, I don't see him anywhere!
Me:  Hunter, he is a turtle, he can't get very far.  When is the last time you saw him?
Hunter:  Last night.
Me:  Well go look for him and I will be there in a bit.

I go up and find Hunter crawling around under his bed in tears because Mickey is no where to be found.  Immediately I look at his bed and remember that now a dog shares the room with Hunter and Mickey.  I didn't want to blame Snoopy, but Snoopy always looks guilty.  However, after some crawling around of my own, I found Mickey under his armoire.

Me:  Hunter, there is Mickey
Hunter:  Oh God mom, I can't look, he is dead isn't he?
Me:  Hunter, I don't know, he is a turtle so he is not moving.
Hunter:  (at this point he is complete melt down mode)  He's dead, he's dead, I can't get him.
Me:  Hunter get the turtle.
Hunter:  I just can't.
Me:  Hunter get that turtle now!

He finally pulled him out from under the armoire and as soon as he did, Mickey's head pops out of his shell and he looks at Hunter.  He is now safe and sound back in his cage.  Snoopy is off the hook, and Hunter is happy again.

No comments: