Thursday, November 08, 2012

Hollywood Here We Come 313/365

We had to be up early and ready to go so we could make it to the airport in time for our flights to Hollywood (Florida that is, not California.)  Paul had to go for a convention and I decided to pick a child and tag along.  For this trip, LeeLee was the chosen child.  She has been so excited.  She hasn't flown since she was a baby and arrived home from China.  So even though she was slightly under the weather, she was ready to go.
When we got to the airport, they called out that they needed two volunteers to stay behind because the flight had been overbooked, then they said the magic words....they were willing to give $400 travel vouchers to each of the people that stayed behind.  So, I quickly jumped and they gave me a $800 travel voucher that I can use to get back to China.  I was excited.  We told Paul bye and sat in the airport for four extra hours waiting on our new flight.  They gave us food vouchers too, and of all the places we could have eaten, LeeLee chose McDonalds.  So, we eventually made it to our destination, made an appearance at a party, and quickly decided we were to tired to do anything else.

No comments: