He was 21 when we met, so I haven't almost known this crazy guy for 19 years. I hate to think about it, but we are both, you know.....aging! Somehow in my mind we are still 20 and 21 years old. Yeah, yeah, I know, we have four kids, with the oldest being 12, and yet I still want to believe we are in our early twenties.
But reality is we are getting old. 40 is just a big number. Paul doesn't really celebrate birthdays, so it really isn't a big deal to him. He never says anything to anyone, but I think he secretly likes that we do things for him. Today the girls presented him with tickets to the Daddy Daughter Dance in February. There is nothing he would love more than dates with his daughters, and Hunter carved him a cross image out of wood.
I am so thankful for my forty year old man! He is the best, and the kids and I are blessed to have him around. I hope I get to share at least another forty years with him.


No comments:
Post a Comment