Sunday, February 10, 2013

She's Growing Up, And I Am Not Happy 6/52

Ten years ago, at the tender age of two, I remember getting Noelle ready for her first Daddy Daughter Dance.  She has always been a serious little girl, and she took getting ready ten years ago very seriously.  She hasn't changed a bit.  This year was a little different though.  This is the last year that she is eligible to go to the dance.
At the precious age of twelve, I was privileged to get her ready for this special night one last time.  I didn't cry, but I almost did.  I'm not ready for her to be to old to attend the dance.  However as we did hair, painted nails, and applied make-up, I looked at my girl and really for the first time realized that she is truly growing up.  Next year she will have no business being at a dance that is intended for little girls.....
because whether I like it or not, she is now becoming a big girl.  I am so amazingly blessed by the young lady she is.
I reminded Paul as they walked out the door that the next time he would dance with her like this would probably be at her wedding.  Now the thought of that really does make me cry!

4 comments:

Rob said...

Stunning!!

Cheri said...

They look lovely! And, please don't make me cry this Monday morning! Not a good way to start the day...

Cindy said...

She is truly a precious, precious girl.

Tricia said...

Oh Jenna, how beautiful Noelle looks. She is so grown up and just a beautiful person inside as she is on the outside. Hope she and daddy had fun!
Tricia