Sunday, February 03, 2013

The "Nerd" Competition 5/52

It was really no surprise to us when after only a few weeks of school, Noelle was hand selected to be part of a nerd group.  There job was to read and study books.  They were all big books....and of course Noelle tackled it with excitement.  She was the second one in the school who finished to books.  She is a reader and this was the perfect thing for her to be involved in.  She had studied those books in and out and was well prepared for their competition.  The morning of the Battle of the Books, she was so excited.  I watched as her group, which was smaller than the others, fought their way to several victories.  However because of some scoring mistakes on the part of their teacher, her team didn't look as well on paper as they actually were.  I am so proud of her entire team though.  They were so fun to watch.  I am so thankful that even though the battle is now over, they will still meet together everyday.  This group has been one of the best things about middle school for Noelle.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Wow! I didn't think they were going to go. Way to go Noelle!

BB

Cindy said...

Love that I know two of those "nerds"! Your sweet girl, and Isaac Hayes! They are awesome kids, with amazing Mommas. :-)