Tuesday, February 06, 2007
100 Good Wishes Quilt for Eleenah
I have been collecting quilt squares for the last two years for Eleenah. In China, there is a traditon where family members collect 100 pieces of fabric from family and friends of a baby, then a quilt is pieced together out of the pieces of fabric. In English, this is known as the 100 Good Wishes Quilt. I am finally getting close to having enough squares to do Eleenah's quilt. I would love to include quilt squares from all of our family and friends. If you are interested in sending a square for Eleenah's quilt, then please send a piece of fabric, that is 8x8. Also send your wish for Eleenah. The wish can be a note, scripture, prayer, poem, etc. Attach a small piece of the fabric to the wish. All of Eleenah's wishes are going in a scrapbook and she will be able to look at her quilt then match up each square with a wish. If you would like to participate, and have any questions, then please let me know. We truly cherish each wish she has received. I can't wait to make her quilt so we can see all of the beautiful wishes pieced together. Thank you in advance helping to make Eleenah's quilt so special!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment